Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fancy meeting you here!

It's like seeing an old friend again that you were not ready to see or have been otherwise avoiding... Blog, how I've... missed you? It looks like it's been almost 3 years since I've been on this site. Yes, I have been avoiding you, and without good reason... but I digress. A lot has happened since you and I last spoke, please allow me to fill you in-

I guess I'll start with the most significant change in my life- the parting of ways with my significant other. My husband of 5 years and I have parted ways with a mutual divorce. Don't get sad now, a congrats is in order for us both! Sometimes you just grow apart. From now on its onward and upward.

All that weight I had been posting about losing? Eventually lost 40 lbs... then the following year put it back on... and now most recently, I've lost almost all of it again. Then... well you know the story. For all my friends out there- the yo-yo dieter in me is still strong!!! At least I've still got that going for me.

I am also still living in Los Angeles, making music, gigging, singing in studios and loving life. And alas... still a nobody. 

So here it is.... I'll just take it day by day and try not to neglect you, and in turn will you please keep me sane by allowing me to b*tch and moan about my life in a safe cuddly place? Solid.



Today is Feb 7th. and the 1st day of my juice fast!!! I tried to start on the 1st but... well I tried. In any case I'm going for 3 weeks! Wish me luck :) Plus I got in my Runyan Canyon hike in today. Warrior Princess status!





In other news tonight I'm going to a grammy event for a band I sing background in. How is it possible that the leader started this group last year and is already getting these invites? I mean, fabulous... hey, I've had a band and been performing since what feels like the beginning of time... but what about me?? Lol... isn't that always the secret question. *What About ME!?!? Either way- I'm glad I'm going! It looks pretty fun. Plus this band I sing in is made up of all my very good friends. Talented and jiggy with it. Who am I kidding It's gonna be a blast! I'm especially juiced to see Lianne La Havas, Ed Sheeran, Leann Rimes and Dionne Warwick! 

So there it is Diary... My official comeback. #YoureWelcome ;)






No comments: