Monday, July 5, 2010

Taking a YOUturn



Yesterday was Independence Day. I had the highest of highs and the lowest of lows... allow me to explain.


The 4th of July is a memorable day for my husband and I, we always make it a point to do something special and see a fireworks show. (fireworks make me crazy happy emotional- but that's another story!) Well that's exactly what we did! We ended up at a gorgeous little restaurant for drinks, then off to the Woodland hills park. It was the highest of highs! Spending time with him when we have so little time to begin with is a dream!


Now... you may ask, "So what the hell went wrong?" Well, as I keep mentioning, I am in a group class for the Total Flex workout machine. We are each other's support group for being healthy and losing weight. It's pretty much become my main focus, and my life! Yesterday I was at the lowest weight since I started the class! So proud of myself! A little overly confident though... with all the food vendors, and the smells of the sugary, greasy goodness... I found myself a whole pack of butter toffee peanuts, All beef hot dog with all the fixins, and a tri-tip sandwich smothered in bbq sauce heavier. 


NO!!!! WHYYYYYY!!! My self-control is ridiculously low, I cannot believe I threw all that work away. Worst thing is weigh-in is Tuesday... The guilt I feel is just terrible, not only did I let myself down, I feel like I personally let everyone else down. Of course that is not the case, but that's the way it feels.


Today I am going to meet with my new found friend Amy and we are going to go hiking at Runyan Canyon. When I told her about yesterday she said... and I quote... "hey you can make a YOUturn, we'll turn this around today! :) " Jeeze I love her! I can turn this around! And that's exactly what I intend to do!


No comments: